Beautiful things for you and your home...

Beautiful things for you and your home...
Brighton Store

Monday 25 July 2011

Danish Living ....


It seems to me that the Danes know how to live. How to live calmly, how to live stylishly and how to live simply. I know this, not because I have been to Denmark, or that I even know any Danes, because neither are true, but from all the images I have ever seen of Danish houses. The interiors press are constantly highlighting Danish living to us. Every single feature, without fail, makes me want to move in without a second thought. Danish living inspires me to live calmly, all that white is so soothing and relaxing. It's fresh, it's summery, it's light and quite simply, it's cool. What's not to like? The rawness of materials, lots of stripped-down wood, with natural finishes reminds me of nature (and not city madness) and the distressed finishes evoke a sense that not everything has to be perfect to be beautiful. I like that philosophy, a lot. We have a new supplier here at lavender/room who is bringing some Danish charm into our homes right now and you don't need to have a whole lot of new stuff to make a difference, often a few small accessories are just enough for some fresh inspiration. Check out these gorgeous hooks which work in kitchens, bathrooms or hallways (depending on the colour) and some great new photo frames which look uber-stylish displayed randomly on walls. Get the Danish look ... your home is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment